Monday 17 August 2009

First day of our holiday August (9th)


As I have said In the title I have stopped playing with Cars and until sell the Rx7 will not be doing anything with cars..........

So it was time to be with Julia just her me and a tent and wilderness what could go wrong :-

First night.

The Lake District = GRIZDALE CAMPSITE

The best campsite ever > Relaxed and very friendly atmosphere on a working farm.

We were asked if we wanted to pitch our Tent down on the bottom field where there was a good 20 tents gathered or would we like to have a look up in the woods. I opted for the woods and we drove up the gentle hill turned the corner and went up a rather steep hill to a little car park that took about 6 cars (if the cars were 4x4 that is) however if normal cars there was enough space really for about 4 and that was pushing it. How ever we were there early and space was a plenty as there was only 2 cars. We got out and had a look around the different plots, these were all very individually set out for two man tents with a stone circle to have your own fire in. Julia picked a plot with no stone circle but it did look very flat and and a good size.






We got set up on our spot pretty quickly and sat down and chilled out I was really tired but thought that might be to do with driving and been hungry so i got the stove out what cool little gadget this thing is so simple in design and hot instantly just brilliant.









We had our tea and got ou books to have a little read. I was still done in so had a lie down for few mins never went to sleep but the shutting my eyes helped so I rejoined Julia outside on the chairs. Our neighbours down the hill had started a fire and it looked very nice. Then I seen someone else carrying some wood past us that they had bought down at the farm..... I couldnt resist an longer I built out own stone circle making sure it was safe (ish) I did build it little too close to the edge and the stones kept rolling towards the car park ha ha. As I said at beggining what could go wrong (well letting me build a fire surround is a good start for going wrong) once I had the fire surround safe, Went and bought some wood for £5.50 got a 5kg back of kindling and 15kg of large quarter cut logs. I carried these back up the hill and sat down. It is a very steep hill to walk up and requires a wee breather each time you get to the top. Well got the fire going and Julia took a few pics. (I may look grumpy but its only cause I did not want my photo taken I was more than happy chilling out blowing on and playing with the fire (It was more an obsession really I couldn't leave i alone).




When Julia put her book down (only because it was dark) we chilled out a bit more had a beer or two or three for me I think. We pulled out the blanket and laid together in the peace and quite with the fire blazing was a lovely evening and set us up perfect for the rest of the holiday




The page started with a good view should finish with one >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment